add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thinking about doing a 390X Crossfire need advice

SilverRain21
  • 54 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jZzKrH

This is my current setup I am working on. I am thinking about getting the EVGA 850W G2 but I want to have the possibility to do a 390X crossfire and am wondering if this will be enough I know the actual wattage would only be 778 according to what it shows when I add it to the parts list. I have seen on some website however that it may need up to 1100W for a crossfire. Never done a crossfire setup so I am not sure how it effects the actual wattage consumption.

I do not plan on changing much as far as the system goes and I have heard lots of good things about that particular model of PSU so if it is recommended to go higher I would probably get the 1000W G2.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

you'd be fine for crossfire with the 850 G2. there's a guy on this site running an oc FX8150 with a pair of 290X in crossfire on this very psu. that's at least 100 watts more than what your build will draw for the cpu alone. if you go 1000 watt, go for the EVGA 1050GS or corsair RMx1000. the 1000G2 has no eco fan mode and at idle is pretty loud running. also, the 390X isn't worth the extra cost vs the 390. ~5% clock for clock difference at +25% the cost.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for that I think I will stick with the 850 then almost $40 dollars cheaper and I don't plan on doing the crossfire right away. I think the one of those GPUs should last a few years. Also thanks for the advice on the 390 I have been up in the air about that I am kind of hoping the 390X goes down around the black Friday sales which in that case might justify buying that one more if the 390 doesn't go down as well that is.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube