add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT s340 vs fractal design define S

PhantomStorm

50 months ago

I am looking for an ATX mid tower pc case and was wondering if I should go with either of these cases. The NZXT has the perfect color scheme (red and black), however I'm told the fractal design is just a better case for airflow, water cooling, and interior space.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

the define S is better for watercooling by miles and has much more interior space. another similar case is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. this one still has the option for an internal 5.25" drive bay. what kind of build are you going for?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

This will be for Imperium Alpha. The goal is to make the pc as customizable as possible, as I plan on using every part as long as I can. For example, eventual water cooling in the near future, etc. it is supposed to be as compromise free as possible for around 1200 USD. Also, if one is completely disassemble-able, that would be good for painting it.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

the Pro M should be. every Phanteks case so far uses majority or all screws instead of pop rivets so they tear down and rebuild eaily. can't see the Pro M being any exception. the thing is the Define S has better rad support. thanks to being slightly deeper it can barely hold a 420 in the top, but that removes the possiblity of the rear fan. it can do two 360's together in top/front and you get mounting for 3.5" and 2.5" drives behind the motherboard tray. the Pro M has more trade off with 360 rads as it can onlony hold 360/280 rads together and long rads in the front makes you losee all drive mounting except the three dedicated 2.5" drive mounts. another case that is similar is the coolermaster mastercase Pro 5. it's got less and less flexible rad support than the Pro M even though it costs alot more. it's nice looking though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube