add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any benefit to 4 fans on an H100i versus the stock 2?

gseyffert

78 months ago

The title basically says it all. Is there any benefit to having fans on both sides of the rad instead of just one side? Also, if anyone has any articles about this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

The stock fans do just fine.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends upon the fans a little. You may be able to pull off lower fan speeds for the same cooling amount. If you use high quality fans with high static pressure it doesn't matter as much. LinusTechTips did some testing (youtube) and pretty much proved it.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

The testing by LinusTechTips you mentioned can be found in this video. It's a good video and is worth watching.

Basically, the bottom line is no. Just put 2 in pull and you're sorted.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

indeed on mine and my sons H100i's i swaped out the stock fans for high static pressure quiet edition SP120's they seem to work very well.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

There is maybe a 3-5C Difference between just 2 and 4 fans.

The stock fans are SP corsair fans so just adding 2 more would give you a boost no need to replace the stock fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube