add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is there a water cooling kit under $100 that works

e.14159265

52 months ago

I am building my first pc and I am looking at water coolers that have the water reservoir that fits in the cd rom drive. or a good one that doesn't have it in the cd rom tray.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no sub $100 custom loop to buy. You better off putting the money into other parts of the build or build a AIO for your CPU cooler. Not to mention water cooling in general has some of the worst return on investment in the computer market. Invest into other key components or get an AIO, don't waste your money on a custom loop under $100. You won't see better performance even with some air coolers.

Good Luck! :)

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

build a AIO for your CPU cooler.

That would be called a custom loop...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

yesh, if you have to a h100i is best to buy for $100

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

buy and AIO for your CPU cooler. :)

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't really recommend water cooling in the first place. They might be high maintenance, and you're just better off getting an air cooler like the Cyroig H7 if you don't plan to do hard overclocking. That's really one of the only benefits of water cooling. That and it's for bragging rights (if it looks decent) as well as to bring down temps if you live in a hot climate area.

If you plan to do a custom loop, I would invest in a good one (~$600 if you plan to include the GPU plate, ~$450 if you're not).

Just keep in mind that custom loops do require maintenance. (i.e. changing the water every so often, checking for leaks, etc.) This may also apply for closed loops too.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

what is an AIO

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

All-In-One

just googled it myself, deducted in 10 seconds

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I considered it myself, checked the reviews, there are reports of leaks, there are reports of weird suckling sounds, no need for such drama

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube