add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bookkeeping, office, hd movies and recording

Pandafia
  • 56 months ago

Hi there,

Recently I had to sell my game pc due to health costs. I've decided not to build another gaming pc but I do want to have my basic pc back. And I'm not sure what to get.

What I want to do with the pc: Bookkeeping as I'm in college doing this :P Several programs are being used, but right now I use King and Exact. But the pc should be able for all of the bookkeeping programs. HD Movies (streaming). Love to watch a good movie with my girlfriend. I have a 27" full hd ips screen so it should be able to output the movies in full hd with hdmi or something. Office, this goes along with the bookkeeping. Recording, this is maybe the most intensive part? I want to record my screen (I have Bandicam license) to show others in 1080p (prefered 60fps) how to do stuff in Office, Bookkeeping, Internet(chrome etc) and some other things.

Other than that, I have a lot of news tabs open most of the time, so multi tasking on chrome shouldnt be a problem.

I do have some parts left from my old pc:

27" Full HD Ips 60HZ acer monitor SteelSeries Apex keyboard Logitech G502 mouse old Sony 5.1 surround sound system 750W Cooler Master psu 2TB HDD seagate 1TB HDD (old external drive) 250gb crucial Mx100 SSD a Windows 8.1 pro windows key (hope it still works tho) cooler master storm trooper pc case ( I think this was it, I hope :P )

So I guess my advice needs to be the cpu, motherboard, ram and maybe gpu?

Almost forgot, price as low as possible but able to handle my wishes with "ease".

Thanks everyone :)

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Seeing as you don't need a whole lot of cpu or gpu power, I think something like this would be great, especially considering the price. Otherwise following the standards of a gaming build, the 860k will be a perfectly capable office computer with plenty of power for an unbeatable price. The GPU, while overkill, offers screen capture video via Shadowplay. It should be greatly suited in that respect. CPU cooler was included for quietness, though I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper options if you'd rather pay less

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $59.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.50 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H ATX FM2+ Motherboard $74.88 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $36.00 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $99.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $304.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-08 18:00 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah very nice :D Thanks a lot :D

With this I could maybe even play some CS:GO again haha or is it to much to ask for the cpu? :P

Think I'm going to order the pieces soon then :D

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

It should be up to the task just fine. Seeing as an i3 can get great settings on the iGPU, the 860k with a 750ti will probably be able to max it with at least 60fps

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh perfect :D I have a 60HZ screen, so more would be "useless" I guess :P Plus I play CS:GO on low settings and low resolution stretched so doesn't matter anyways :)

But thanks again :D

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube