add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade time, what to salvage?

Xaminide
  • 56 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm getting that upgrade feel once again and hope you can help me out, my current build is below but what parts would you recommend I replace? Budget is around £700 or so.

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card

PSU - Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

The processor is rock solid together with the gpu but if you have money to spend,get a used ivy bridge i5/i7 and a gtx 97.If you plan to overclock,get a hyper 212 evo

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

With that budget you could easily upgrade the cpu to the haswell refresh i7 4790k or i5 4690k depending on what you use the computer for. You would then need to upgrade the motherboard to z97 to take advantage of overclocking.

Also, with £700 you could even go for a skylake cpu but thats up to you. With skylake though you would need to upgrade to DDR4 ram and a different motherboard. (This option might push your budget a bit :P)

Everything else in your build is very good.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube