add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler for the corsair spec 01

iceshade613

52 months ago

So I'm using the gaming 970 msi mobo, fx 6300.. but I skimped on the case and got the spec 01... still using the stock cooler and scared of it getting hot while gaming. What's a good budget cooler that will fit this case? I heard the 212 doesn't fit, and can't find the cryorig h7 anywhere here in canada.. so other options?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The Evo 212 fits the case.

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/corsair-case-spec01redled#h=5

What is your budget?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Hm, I've read many times that the evo 212 doesn't fit, so many people posted on random forums about having to bring the evo back because the little pins touched the side of the case. Also low is budget. Price of the evo 212 or cheaper (I'm in canada, evo 212 is about 40) I've seen a cooler master one for 25$, the T2 I think?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

it's too tight to play with. depending on your standoffs or how the cooler mounts to your mobo socket it may or may not fit. go for the cryrig H7 (never in stock) or thermalright TS 120 BW. they are shorter than the 212 evo and both perform better anyway. and both sit far away from ram slots.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

it's too tight to play with. depending on your standoffs or how the cooler mounts to your mobo socket it may or may not fit.

Didn't think of that.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Both of the coolers you said are not in stock anywhere in canada lol. I wonder why? Hm.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry bout that :). the raijintek aidos is another option.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the cryorig H7 is probably the best cooler to use in this case... I know because of its high demand, it goes out of stock constantly.. You might want to contact cryorig, as you can get the H7 directly from them..

http://www.cryorig.com/buy.php

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Problem is I'm in canada, wouldn't there be all sorts of shipping extras and exchange rate? Either way I might go with the evo 212 because I'm switching cases, I'm not happy with the spec 01 at all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube