add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget MOBO for i5-4670K

konradv2
  • 82 months ago

Looking for a budget mobo for the Intel Core i5-4670K CPU. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1xi9v Thats my current build. Looking to save some money on the mobo/anything else you see fit.

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

You won't really find a Z87 board for much less than what you have listed there. I'll take a look at the rest of the parts later and see if I can shave some dollars off the total price for you.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not overclocking you could go for something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $194.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $94.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $289.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-28 16:18 EDT-0400
  • 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I would take a look at the Z87-A it is pretty inexpensive and still maintains the solid overclocking and stability to leverage the investment you made on the K CPU you purchased. Additionally get great fan controls per each header, improved USB 3 performance via USB 3.0 Boost.

Possibly most important a fine tune and solid UEFI with a lot of rich options. The UEFI is important in ensuring aspects of compatibility, stability and general solid overclocking experience.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the build!

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I am with this guy, probably because I am a bit bias towards Asus and have a fierce hatred for anything MSI.

Still though, it will be hard to find a 'budget' mobo for anything Intel if you are wanting to overclock well. You may find one, but I suggest researching it to death to make sure it will do what you want.

I made that mistake once, Mobo stated it would overclock - had all sorts of grand features but once I attempted to get down to business I found the mobo had none of these features. Better off just paying the asking price.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube