add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EATX Case issues

Therondahlerup

50 months ago

1st off here is my current build. - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B4bx3C

I currently have the ThermalTake Core V71 case. But to be honest I am not in love with this case. It's just not fun to look at. I have been thinking about these cases to replace it but I would also love some feedback from the community as to any other options. Preferably a Red/Black design or just straight black as those are the EVGA X99 FTW Motherboard colors.

Some of the cases I was thinking about are

The 707 and 805 should fit my mobo but I may have to drill some holes for the screws. But not too sure about that still. The Phanteks just seems way too big since I am not doing a hardcore water cooling system for this rig.

But please if you have any options on any of these or another case to add to the mix, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also the price range isn't a huge issue... Don't want to go crazy but anywhere from 300 US and under could work.

Thanks,

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point
  • the 707 is the old GRone with a new exterior.
  • the beautiful 805 is too small for EATX
  • the Primo is in another realm and a needless step up in size

Radox makes a good suggestion with the Luxe. another solid choice would be the 780T.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank's for the suggestions. After a little bit of poking around the Luxe seems like a solid option. I think I am going to go with that one and do a little bit of custom painting with it.

Thanks!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube