add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
PhantomSnake

51 months ago

So I am planning on using the x41 in the h440 razer. I am wanting to mount it on the rear exhaust in the "pull" configuration..... case wall <- 140 sp fan <- radiator. im using 3 120 sp fans in the front (intake) and 3 120 sp fans up top (exhaust). this a good set up? TYIA!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This is an ok fan config. A few problems with having the rear as intake is first, there would be no dust filter and after awhile you will see some dust to form on the radiator and clog it up. Second is having the intake fans blowing air at each other (air ---> <--- air) will cause fan turbulence and spew the air everywhere which wont help with cooling. Here's a video link from ncix tech tips talking about airflow optimization https://youtu.be/sh6F2eccMec . Now what I would do is since it is a 120mm rad, I would mount it in the first 120mm fan slot in the top part and have it exhaust with the rest of the fans up there (don't worry about temps. I'll talk about it later). And have all the front fans to intake(since the rad will be right next to and intake fan you're getting fresh air right to it) and then just have the rear as exhaust. This will create good airflow and I think will suit your needs very well.

EDIT I just realized that it's a 140mm rad. and that won't really work. But I don't know if you can do this but, have 1 140mm up top and the rest 120mm. Since I don't have this case I can't really help you with clearence.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess the way I said it may have been a bit confusing. It is Case Wall/Fan/Radiator with the Fan pulling the air through the radiator and out of the case, not in and through.

I do see what you are saying. Looking at it now, putting it in the top, most forward spot would make the most since as it would be exhausting out and pulling in air from the front top fan.

So think ill go with the stock 3 120's in the front, 140 in the rear and a 140 in the back top spot with the radiator in the other one.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that would have great airflow in my opinon. You get fans exhausting the heat straight from the mobo and have plenty of fresh intake air.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Now im just wondering if there would be room to do push/pull on the radiator if it is in that top most forward spot... if that is even needed

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

You could do it but your might need to remove the first hard drive mount. But do doing push/pull only has like an extra 2°-3° difference so I would just not do it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yea I am taking all the drive cages out except the bottom on

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube