add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rip off of fractal design define s???

Minghua

50 months ago

I found this product in JD while I was browsing. Isn't this the exact copy of the define s There 2 fan controllers, psu dust filter, noise padding foam, 3 silent fans? And a psu stealth cover, For only $60 bucks???????????? If you can't read Chinese just look at the pictures underneath

http://item.jd.com/1842778.html#none

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

this is like a silent optimized version of the Aerocool Aero 800. same exact chassis.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah and the front looks like fractal design s

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

looks more like the R4 and thermaltake urban line tbh.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone think it's a scam?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal Design doesn't have a patent on the idea of a case with soundproofing material, nor a minimalistic black case design. The first I'm pretty sure is outright unpatentable (too obvious to one skilled in the art). The second might fall under trade dress, but it'd be an awfully hard case to press; the more distinctive your product or packaging, the more likely it is to be protected by trade dress, and "minimalistic black box" is not very distinctive.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks very different from the Define S, the only thing they have in common looks wise is the front panel and the white pci slots.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Does anyone think it's too good to be true?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube