add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Logitech G502 vs G602

kaan

50 months ago

I've been using G602 for a year, it's a nice mouse, had to upgrade from my last Nano VX/MX's, wireless issues on those mice became unsolveable, even with G602 and with the receiver 20cm away from the G602, I rarely get stuttuer's, don't know whether it's the surface/optical or the wireless again (This was the cause, but there are other causes too: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html)

For me:

G602 Pros

• Wireless
  • Nice ergonomics once you get used to it, upgraded from fingertrip grip to a more stronger grip, can't go back, tried and failed
  • AA Batteries

G602 Cons

• Wireless
  • Potentially inferior tracking
  • Side buttons are kind of useless and likely prone to failing, since they are not high quality mechanicals, mis-clicks happen rarely

G502 Pros

• Laser
  • No wireless issues
  • Different ergonomics that might be good or bad

G502 Con

• The wire ...

I haven't used a wired mouse in probably 10 years, considering whether G502 would be worth chaining myself with a wire, I prefer wired keyboard, since the keyboard doesn't move, but for a moving peripheral like a mouse, wireless is obviously preferred, G602 is awesome, yet very rarely it starts moving faster than it should, which I interpret as skipping (I'm on a worn-out glossy wood desk, the parts where the mouse move are no longer glossy, the texture of the desk might be to blame)

What do you guys think, anyone spent time with both?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I have used the g502. Honestly dont get it. If you are looking for a new mouse like at the mionix castor or the naos 7000. Both better than the g502.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion, I decided not to get g502, might get a spare g602 instead

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a g602 and I love it, it's just a little big for my tiny kid hands. I notice no latency or stutters that are caused by the mouse, and it always connects immediately with mine.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The connection is indeed always instant, yet I still get a slight lag every now and then, it's rare and short-lived tho, so not an issue

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been using the G402, it works perfectly for me. It's like £40 with macros / adjustable dpi / smooth feel, I'm really surprised with how good it is. And if you get the perfect DPI, you can remove the DPI switching buttons for additional macros.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube