add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dayz and Arma3 Build. NEED HELP PLZ

apollozhd
  • 56 months ago

Hi, im trying to get a build that will play games like dayz standalone, arma and other games like h1z1 and Ark. On high settings with great fps. I would like to stay around 700$ if possible. Dont no to much about building at all. Aall help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $83.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $43.99 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card $229.99 @ Amazon
Case Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case $39.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $51.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $677.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-16 11:10 EDT-0400

there, this should run most games at high+ at pretty good fps (50+)

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $215.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock B150 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $99.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $48.99 @ Newegg
Storage Transcend 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $57.99 @ Mac Mall
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case $39.43 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $64.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $98.20 @ Amazon
Total $765.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-17 13:01 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the info so much. So this should run arma 3, dayz and more on high settings with no problem? Just checking.

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

The performance floor in arma and arma engine games is heavily cpu bound, especially with long view distances. Visual quality is a heavily adjustable workload. "high" is very ambiguous these days as there are usually at least a dozen various adjustments that can be made to visual quality in a game, which can influence performance in GPU bound conditions.

Assuming performance is more important to you than visual quality and the build proposed above is already pushing the budget, then for all intents and purposes, yes, the build above will run Arma games with no problem, but at "high" settings really depends on what you mean by "high." In some games, high is step or 2 below the actual "maximum" visual quality available, in others, high is as high as it goes. Furthermore, there's the issue of resolution and post processing (AA), which has not been mentioned. High at 720P? 1080P? 1440P? 4K? Each of these "steps" up the resolution ladder requires a doubling of render throughput. Throw post processing on any one of them and that adds another huge chunk of render throughput requirements. Realistically speaking, just about any ~$100+ GDDR5 gaming GPU these days can run just about any game at smooth framerate at "highish" settings, but often at lower resolution with reduced or disabled post processing. The GTX950 is well suited to 1080P resolution with decent visual quality settings and light post processing in most games.

Assuming you're willing to smash your budget a bit harder, and want a bit more assurance of running at nicer visual quality settings, consider something like an R9 390

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I see were your coming from. Also i decided to bump my budget so here is my part list that they made for me on the other form. Let me know what u think. I dont rwally wanna go any higher up in price though . http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hDnx3C

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Consider the following changes:

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $259.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.50 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $117.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $83.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $129.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card $314.99 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool KENDOMEN Red ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $81.24 @ Amazon
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $18.09 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $98.20 @ Amazon
Total $1188.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-18 19:30 EDT-0400

Note that this build is actually less expensive and includes shipping on all parts, yet is more useful and a better value in many ways.

1. Rather than splurging on a motherboard that is dual GPU ready in a build with too small of a PSU to support that upgrade path anyway, you can save a bit without compromising functionality or performance or overclocking by switching to the Pro4 board above.

2. We can drop the extra fans and use the high value kendomen case which comes with 5 fans. This saves a bunch of money which we can apply towards something else.

3. When budgets start pushing $1000+, and VRAM is 8GB, I see no reason not to include 16GB of RAM. Within the life of this machine 16GB will begin to be a requirement for general multi-tasking and gaming, may as well get that out of the way now as part of a matched set. In a few years from now, DDR4 fab will have matured an changed, there very likely won't be any "matching" memory available to upgrade with.

4. To me it makes more sense at this budget to start the build off with a ~500GB SSD, so that a large software collection can grow over the years on the SSD. Add storage drives on an as needed basis (not required initially to get up and running). With the size of media (10-20+ megapixel cameras, 4K video, etc), I think it makes more sense to be looking at one of the big 3-6+TB storage drives these days. Dollar for dollar, bigger drives are a better value anyway.

5. May as well pick an optical drive that can also burn disks for a few bucks more. (might actually cost the same, as that price includes shipping).

6. I switched the PSU to something with a lower landed price of equal quality.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok final question i think. But is the intel core i7 6700k way better? If so i might just up that. And that last thing i wanna ask if i buy everything on this list ill be good to go once its all put together correct?

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard? or operating system included in your budget?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Operating system would be nice, my main thing is to run arma smoothly on high settings

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 4 points

Arma engine games are incredibly compute intensive and run poorly on AMD CPU's. For Arma games, you'd be better off spending $200 on the CPU and $100 on the GPU, not the other way around.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube