add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
MAOwarrior
  • 56 months ago

I'm planning to upgrade my current PC ( http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MAOwarrior/saved/#savedbuild_676173 ) this November/December and I am hoping to be able to pick-up some decent deals in the black Friday and boxing day sales ect, but I have NO clue what I should upgrade to. The main reason I am upgrading is Fallout 4 and the fact that its minimum specs is only a tad worse than my current build. I wish to upgrade my CPU (will have to change the motherboard as well), GPU and ram but the ram can wait. Budget wise I am looking around £300-400.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Motherboard is okay and can wait. The ram you can also upgrade later. If you do this then you can spread out your money over a portion of a few years. You will save money and have a good investment. I upgrade the processor to a FX-8370 8 core and the beast of a gpu gtx 970 imo that will handle anything at 1080p. Thanks and have a great building experience!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor £153.58 @ More Computers
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card £269.95 @ More Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £423.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-17 02:59 BST+0100
  • 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Your cpu is still good. I'd recommend just upgrading the gpu to a 970 or 390x

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

390x is a waste of money unless trying to max at 1440p or 4k. The improvement over the 390 is about 5% while the cost increase is much, much higher

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube