add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on the Thermaltake Core x2?

manchildjr

50 months ago

Anyone use theses cases or have any thoughts on them?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a Core X1 on a server build and I was... well... disappointed in build quality to say the least.

If I firmly screw down the left/right panel doors the top panel doesn't sit square to the frame. Also the screws have these lame plastic thumb-screw type setup where if you tighten them too tight it splits and the screw is trash.

It's a good idea, but, I'm not sure I loved the execution. Granted I did get a first production case right after they went on sale.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Kind of sad to hear that it seems like a nice case

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. I'm in a mode now where I will replace this with a much less... flashy case in the near future. I'm still deciding which one it will be. The cooling for my 3 disk RAID5 is subpar to say the least, the cooling for the system in general is disappointing.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going to attempt a custom water cooling loop

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube