add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is best PSU manufacturer?

Jovanucz
  • 54 months ago

I'm planinng to build PC rig, but i don't know which manufacturer i should choose, I know that like xfx is good but there isn't any of their PSU's in my country, so my choices are: 1.Chieftec 2.Cooler master 3.Corsair 3.Gigatech 4.LC power 5.Raidmax 6.Seasonic 7.Spire 8.Thermalake 8.Zelman So which is the best of them here, are any of them reliable? I'm sure that i can find some diferent manufacturer's but these are primary ones. Thank you :)

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

95% of the time you can't base the quality of a power supply on a brand.

Immediately take out Raidmax,, Chieftec, Gigatech, LC Power, Spire, and Zelman.

Thermatake, Corsair, and Cooler Master have some good power supplies, and some not so good ones. Do you have models from those companies?

XFX are Seasonic re-brands, and Seasonic makes good power supplies.

Are there any companies like Super Flower, EVGA, or Antec in your country?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have any models from these companies, and of those 3 i can find only antec here.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Well give me the models for the ones from Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair, and Seasonic.

Even though Thermaltake has some good units the majority of them are pretty meh. Unless you see a Thermaltake for really cheap just avoid them to save trouble. Their product names are confusing.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Antec: 650W VPF650 Bronze, 550W VPF550 Bronze,TP-550C TruePower,650W TP-650C TruePower Cooler Master: Cooler Master RS-600-ACABB1-EU,RS-600-ACABB1-EU,Cooler Master G650M, RS-650-AMAAB1-EU,Cooler Master G650M, RS-650-AMAAB1-EU Seasonic:520W Seasonic SS-520GB,550W Seasonic SS-550G, 620W Seasonic SS-620GB,620W Seasonic SS-620GM2 an couldn't actually find Cooler Master ones sorry about that :3

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your build?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $198.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Asus Z170-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $124.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $56.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $79.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card $188.98 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $765.72
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $745.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-17 16:41 EDT-0400
this
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Seasonic is a very reputed brand but as John said, "95% of the time you can't base the quality of a power supply on a brand.", very well said bud...

Choose a tier-2 or tier-3 PSU depending on your budget..

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

scroll down a little & click on "show Full content"

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The tier list has major flaws in it and shouldn't be used.

Looking up reviews is much better to do.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Do u have any evidence of flaws dude or is it ur opinion ??

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

It a fact that is is flawed, its not a opinon, the XTR is rebrand Seasonic G but yet they are different tiers, the 550 and 650 watt GS's are based upon a different platform than the 850 and 1050 watt GS's, the 550 and 650 watt models are based on a variation of a Seasonic G. Now for the fun part the CX which has mediocre performance like the rest of the psu's in tier 3 is labeled tier 4 which is a huge flaw and the 750 and 850 watt models are different from the 430/500/600 watt models so it makes no sense to lump them together. The G1 doesn't have cheap caps or build quality so it shouldn't be in tier 4. The Fractal Design Integra iirc has no japaneese caps in it but it is labeled tier 3 and it has the FPS Arrum which is what the Evga G1 is based upon but Evga has improved all the could and it is ranked higher than the G1 somehow. I could keep going on all day about all of it flaws. The author also refuses to fix it.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

both GS550 and GS650 should be tier 2, while the GS850 and up tier 1.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not my opinion at all. Even if it was a lot of people on the forums have the same opinion as I do.

Take a look at the EVGA GS and the Seasonic G. The platform between the two are very similar. The GS is basically a rearranged G.

The 550w model of the Seasonic G scored higher than the GS on jonnyGURU.com, but why is the GS Tier 1 and the G Tier 2?

The Rosewill Tachyon is based on the Super Flower Golden King, but why is it 1 Tier lower?

Would you like for me to keep going?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the author of the tier-list might be better suited to answer ur assertions, they have a list of criteria obviously.. But Thanks for sharing anyway !!

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Those issues he explained are part of the problems with the tier list. Yes he made a list, but he offered no reasoning or review links for the list. Nothing about that list makes him anymore qualified than you or I to make a list like that. If he does have those qualifications he has not proven any of his credentials to make such a list.

If you look in the post about cx psus. Jonnyguru himself made some comments on that tier list.

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/110609-corsair-cx

And I'm not questioning the general knowledge of present company. I'm questioning the band wagon mentality people have on this site, as well as the others mentioned, when it comes to power supplies. Should I expect a "tier list" to pop up some time this year?

Also

As for the tier list: You'd be surprised. I have someone pop into the forums at JG.com asking "where's that tier list" and I would expect someone willing to venture into that mine field would know better than to ask such a question.

He is the creator of a site dedicated to PSU review and his opinion of the tier list is of more value than the tier list.

A great list for psus is this one.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

It offers a way for you to make an educated decision on a PSU, which the tier list does not.

It offers links to reviews, if a PSU has one. The tier list does not. As well as other pertinent info on a PSU.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube