add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Needing Your Gaming PC/ HTPC Advice!

Chriz-_-
  • 56 months ago

So I'm looking for a small form factor gaming pc/htpc that can be connected to my TV via hdmi. This will be my first build and I honestly don't know where to start...All I know is I want it to look good and perform well!

My price range is somewhere in the range of £350.I want to play most games at decent settings and I would like it to have wifi!

It would have to fit in a space 330x330x370 mm and preferably fill a good bit of it. See picture below:

https://gyazo.com/478085058e808d4b6ea7f501a7443def

All help is appreciated!

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker here ya go a bit over budget because of the wifi deal but it's pretty good for the price.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Over budget isn't too much of an issue as long as it isn't a huge amount more! Is the quad core 860k superior to the pentium g3258? I have heard lots of people compare these two with different oppinions...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

It's quite hard to say on that one. It's a lot cheaper for a 860k system than a g3258 system. The g3258 system would be moe future upgrade able as you can get i7s but with the 860k your stuck. For the price paired with a 750 ti the 860k has quite good single core performance,although still not as good as intels. I would go for the 860k as its quad core and if you want to play the newer games you need more than 2cores.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker here is a g3258 system with a z97 motherboard so you can overclock. People have taken this to 4.4-4.6 ghz on stock cpu cooler so it's unnecessary.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm is the amd a good overclocker? Also do external wifi adapters work good or are motherboard wifi cards superior? As there are a few super cheap mb's without wifi...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

In itx format you can only have one pci card (gpu) unless you buy Maximus vi impact. So you have to have a wifi built in. As for the overclocking most 860ks can hit only about 4.5ghz max. On this cooler you could Probably hit that. Good luck with your build and msg me if you have any trouble putting it together.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe almost my exact two builds exert psu.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube