add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help on case size

JurrasicRex

50 months ago

Ok I will be building a new computer and don't know what size case either atx MAtx or Mitx Also motherboards are they cheaper for Mitx or Matx or atx Thanks

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you want super small and portable? Or larger with space for multi gpus and water cooling?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

That's the problem I don't know because so far I have a very small budget of 450$ So I don't know about liquid cooling in the future or multi gpus Super small and portable sounds cool though

I don't know because I am either going to get a prodigy for mitx, nzxt source 210 (elite) for atx, and either prodigy m for matx or cooler master n200 or corsair air. I'm torn between upgradabilty and budget and portability and aestetics

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If this is your first build, it is going to be pretty hard to work with Mini-itx. Matx, however, is easier to work with and supports 4x memory DIMMs. If you really want small go Mini-itx. There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages to both.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know this is my first build but my budget is getting in the way, Mitx boards have wifi and Bluetooth which I could save from buying a whole different one, and Mitx cases like the prodigy look amazing

Matx prodigy m looks good but is more expensive I'm just so torn, I don't know I just want some pro and cons of Matx Mitx to help me decide for right noe

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Min-ITX

Pros - Small - Sometimes cheaper - Often include Wifi/Bluetooth

Cons - Not as many SATA/PCIe - Worse cooling - No 240mm rad support - Limited 3" drives - GPU Size limit - PSU size limit - RAM limit - Cable management

Mirco-ATX

Pros - Smaller size w/o sacrifice - Lots of choices - Lots of PCIe and SATA - Fan headers - 240mm rad support - Cooling - Full size GPU - Normal PSUs

Cons - Doesn't support 360mm rad - Not as much cooling - Sometimes CPU cooler size can't fit - Not that small compared to ATX

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks for this but one thing, do you think if I can afford a full atx setup should I go for it or should I save some money and go matx

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You have a very tight budget so I'll suggest going mITX. I don't think your going SLI/Xfire later on on this build nor you're going to use additional PCI-E cards (sound card, WiFi card, etc.). By going mITX you save yourself from getting an add on WiFi card as most mITX mobos come with build in WiFi card (just in case you don't have direct access to an ethernet connection). I'll go with Corsair Obsidian 250D case with this kind of build considering this is probably your first build & not use to working with a very limited space. Later on you can experiment with water cooling on this case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube