add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H110i GTX Or H220X?

thezac2613

51 months ago

Hey guys, I am looking to cool my i7-6700k and I was wondering which cpu cooler is better and what the performance difference is between the Corsair H110i GTX and the Swiftch H220X?

I am unable to fit the H240X in my case, otherwise I would have gone with it.

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

between those two i would go with the H220x, Another one i would consider is the Kraken X61.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks... Now what about the H220X vs the X61?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

H 220X if you can buy it for under $150 is better than every closed loop cooler corsair. nzxt, coolermaster, thermaltake, enermax and deepcool have.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

as pureblackfire posted the H220x..

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The bottleneck of thermal density and interface to the CPU will vastly outweigh any other considerations here. You're talking about HSF's that would be capable of keeping 600W worth of processor in check if it weren't for the thermal density and interface limitations here.

At the end of the day, on the tiny skylake die, the difference between high end HSF's is going to be negligible across the board. Anything that big for such a tiny CPU is more a novelty. The difference between a good $30 liquid heatpipe cooler and a $130 280mm AIOCLC might be 2% worth of overclock.

IMO, both are pointless for this application, but to each his own.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Which kind would you suggest then? Sorry I was about to ask the OP's original question and found this thread.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

For a socket 1150/1151 build, the Phanteks PH-TC12DX is fantastic. A Scythe Katana 4 is nice. There are quite a few nice <$50 liquid heatpipe coolers with less failure modes than pumped liquid cooling that will offer 98% of the useful performance of big AIOCLC's.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry consider me a noob, youre saying that that will be more reliable than any of the liquid cooling options out there? And at boot cheaper?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

It will be more reliable due a air cooler having less moving parts than a AIO cooler.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Well... a heatpipe cooler IS a liquid cooler, just without a mechanical pump to fail, and without all of the surface to surface seals to fail. The liquid in a heatpipe is "pumped" by the thermal energy directly. The heat drives a phase change cycle in the heatpipe.

Heatpipe coolers are indeed more reliable than "mechanically pumped" liquid cooling solutions like AIOCLC's.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8HXHHx

So for this kind of build I'd be okay? Thanks for the help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube