add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC focused on rendering/gaming 1200£

Christian92R
  • 56 months ago

Hello everyone, I would like to buy a new PC with the best components that I can afford in order to have a render machine that plays games at roughly 60 fps in the late 2015 gaming era (if that is possible for the allowed budget) My main goal in the future is to attach a Wacom Cintiq 27QHD to it in order to have a better sculpting/drawing workflow. My main desire is to be able to model and handle high poly models without many constraints and be able to render them in a decent amount of time (using V-Ray and maybe going into Real-time rendering - Marmoset ToolBag 2 and Unreal Engine) and also play games every now and then (mostly Dota 2 and games like Batman:The Arkham Knight). I am not sure if the budget is absurd for such a demand but I am willing to throw an extra £100-150, especially with Black Friday around the corner.

I had a look around components and I was thinking i7 4790K + GTX 980 and start with 8 gigs of RAM then update when prices drop. Not sure at all about the motherboard, cooling method (air or water? the last one being a new way for me which I would like to avoid for some reason), power source and sound card? The case that I liked was Corsair 780T but I'm not sure if it's worth the money because I might be able to find a better cooling one for a cheaper price. The design is not a crucial factor but it would be nice to find something that catches the eye. I am calling to the PC enthusiasts for help on this case if you are willing to offer your time and in the meanwhile I will keep on researching, thank you!

Once again: CPU: Intel i7 - 4790k (maybe a light overclock when I get the hang of it?)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 SC ( I think this would suit me for a long long time, but I'm open to other Nvidia suggestions)

RAM: 8 GB (2x4GB I think would suit me for a future upgrade on the other two slots remaining or should I go 1x8GB?)Gigabyte or Kingston? or which one would be better?

PSU: 750w (???)

Motherboard: z97 pro gamer? (I'm still confused on this component)

Case: Corsair 780T

Cooling: Air preferred but water can be considered (depends on bang for buck and consumption)

HDD: 2 TB Western Digital (not sure of exact model yet)

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

No peripherals at the moment (I already have them, but they will be replaced soon)

I think that covers most of it, if there's a need for more details I'll gladly offer them.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

In this budget range, and especially for the considered purposes, the x99 platform should be the priority. The Haswell-E has no competition. I can get a more aesthetic-friendly build, but something like this should be the core of what you're looking for.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor £279.98 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler £67.98 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard £164.54 @ Dabs
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £76.90 @ Ebuyer
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £66.85 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £49.98 @ Aria PC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card £372.98 @ Aria PC
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case £72.46 @ Aria PC
Power Supply XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £86.84 @ More Computers
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £72.94 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1311.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-20 05:11 BST+0100
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for that build fellway, I think the x99 platform would be more future proof and this build looks like it will hold the mid-range procs in the future for updates. I tried to avoid the first generation of x99 capable procs as it is, like the name said, the first but reviews show it does it's job well. Once again, thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube