add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best AMD CPU Cooler in ITX case?!

fusioncue

51 months ago

Howdy Everyone,

So I wanted to get a few opinions on a build that I'm trying to currently complete. I'm currently in a bind about what aftermarket CPU cooler I would like to get. I was originally interested in the Noctua NH-L9a and the Noctua NH-L9x65. Unfortunately, after viewing the Noctua website, both of these low profile coolers are not compatible with 3 of the Mini-ITX Motherboards I was interested in (Gigabyte and MSI). Low profile is what I'm aiming for.

Trying to gather some opinions on which cooler might be the best option. There is one restriction that I've ran into as well. The Cooler Master Elite 130 ITX Case I've purchase only likes CPU coolers 65mm or less. I've looked into a few more options, but I'm not too familiar with these brands/companies. Looking at the DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm GABRIEL CPU Cooler, and the Phanteks PH-TC12LS. Both coolers seem to give clearance to the RAM sticks, and haven't seen issues with these coolers on any of the M/Bs I'm interested.

Current Build

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

this is another option.. thermaltake

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermalright-cpu-cooler-axp100

I don't like recommending 120mm rads but this would be the one that would give you the best cooling in this case. Nepton 120xl

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rln12x24pkr1

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube