add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help on 280mm AIO

PolarGhostex

50 months ago

Building a Skylake build (linked below) and I want a nice cooler (280mm) but I can't chose a case that I think will go nice with my current setup. So far I have gotten it down to the NZXT Phantom 630 which supports 3 200mm fans and a 280mm in the top. The challenger is the Silent Base 800 which supports a 280 as well in the top but the vents at the top are sorta small. Planning a good 4.6-4.7 OC.. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fPYpcf

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

this build would go fine in any case from the Define R5 to the H440 or Enthoo Pro, 750D, Enthoo Luxe, 760T, 780T, Phantom 630 etc. I can't recommend the Silent Base 800. may as well lose the kingston SSDnow and if the swiftech H220X is in stock try for that cooler.

edit: the RM750i is $115 on amazon and the EVGA 750 P2 is $119 on NCIX. I'd probably pass on the 750 G2 today, either for a quieter 750 watt gold psu with some digital monitoring functionality or the more efficient platinum version (750 P2).

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks..gonna get a nice 630 Case and make it nice and quiet

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube