add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best fan to OC i5 6600k to 4.5-4.7 GHz

Quo

51 months ago

Title says it all. Don't want liquid if I can avoid it.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Also be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is also a decent one, but rather massive :D

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I am currently stable with the Cryorig R1 Ultimate and 6600k @ 4.7 GHz.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua D15 is One of the Best Air Coolers out right now.

If it will fit in your system it should perform well..

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The Noctua D15 the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate or Cooler Master V8 are the best air coolers.

On the lower end the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and CRYORIG H7 are great but you wont get as high of a overclock compared to the other three higher cost coolers.

• 51 months ago
  • 4 points

This. Except for the V8. That sucks for the price and should only be bought for appearance.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

How is the V8 any good? It's expensive, and doesn't cool any better than your basic Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

EDIT: You also forgot the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, it shares ever so similar cooling performance compared to the D15 and R1 Ultimate.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

phanteks ph tc12dx keeps my cpu temp in 30s while gaming and its oc'ed @ 4.3 atm

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the Dark rock pro 3 is really worth the 50$ more compared to the H7 ?

I want to Oc my cpu... but i don't know where i wan't to OC. 4.3, 4.5, 4.7, etc. I don't know how it works really... But i wan't a good OC.

• 44 months ago
  • 3 points

If you can afford that much on a cooler I would go with this. Its cheaper, smaller, and better performing than the Dark Rock 3 Pro.

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/163287-is-this-the-best-performing-cpu-cooler-for-56

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube