add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

"upgrading "to windows 10 64-bit

ChaosReigns
  • 56 months ago

so I just completed my first build with win10 32-bit. but I'm finding a lot of my games not working. (evolve, witcher 3, GTAV etc.) I cant seem to find any solid solution on the internet, other than my problem MIGHT be that I have 32 bit but they require 64 bit. I cant seem to get my pc to boot off a usb to "upgrade" to 64 bit. ive tried a straight ISO and the boot/setup files and such (like I did when I first installed windows and went to my BIOs to boot from the USB drive. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But I have seen that I CANT go from 32bit to 64 bit. That I need to do some other steps. but I'm not sure what these steps are. Any inkling in the right direction would be greatly appreciated and id be happy to provide any information you need.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think you can do that (upgrade from Windows 10 32 to 64 bit). Upgrade from previous Windows to Windows 10 either 32 to 64 bit that you can do. If you want Windows 10 64 bit then you have to install it either starting from an older Windows version or doing a fresh install & choosing Windows 10 64 bit. You can't change bit from one to another without doing a fresh install unless you're updating from a previous Windows version.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was thinking. When do I choose 32 or 64 bit? I don't remember seeing an option.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

You must buy it t begin with $80

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You will only get an option if both are included on a disk/both were downloaded to an ISO. A lot of the time it's either one or the other (as normally you don't need both versions) and you will need to download the 64-bit version separately.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not a Windows 10 user. With that said: How-To Geek

Good luck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube