add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading pc for fallout 4

magnetude
  • 55 months ago

With the release of Fallout 4 and some other upcoming games i wanted to upgrade my pc so i was looking for suggestions

Cpu: Intel I5 - 3330 3,2Ghz

Memory: Kingston DDR3 8gb

Motherboard: Gygabite Z773-D3

Video card: Geforce GTX 750ti

Power Supply: CoolerMaster B600 - 600W 12V

I have a budget up to350 euro, can go higher but would rather not

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card £239.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £239.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-23 11:50 BST+0100

As for the remaining money you can get a i7 2600k and a 212 evo and overclock the hell out of it if you plan to upgrade your cpu.But I'm not sure how much a i7 2600k might cost so you might want to sell your i5 and gtx 750 ti if you have no use for it

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

oh thanks, i wasn't sure if a 970 would be compatible with the rest of my hardware, i'll look into it!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Upgrade to a R9 390 if you can

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card €411.28 @ Mindfactory
Total €411.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 21:26 CEST+0200

The above would be an amazing GPU to acquire!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

His budget is 350 euros

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

He said that he could stretch a little, please read the post again.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

A 411 euro GPU is more than stretching it

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really...

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

His entire preferred budget is less than that gpu

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card €337.98 @ Mindfactory
Total €337.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-23 14:25 CEST+0200

And its within budget.

XFX has an outstanding warranty and a good cooler design.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

wouldnt i have to get more power and a new cpu for that?

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Your CPU is adequate. Not ideal, but adequate. It's a hair more powerful than the Athlon X4 860k which is by most considered the go to processor for budget gaming and the base standard for "Good enough". A CPU upgrade is needless unless you can get an i7-3770K for cheap so there's really no point as the improvement would be marginal at best unless you're willing to get said processor and overclock it.

Your power supply is a 600 watt. Your processor has a 77 watt TDP and the video card a 275 watt TDP. At most your other systems will draw probably 100 or so watts.

You have way more than enough overheard to support it.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

thx a lot!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube