add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming/Music Production PC

pfortuna
  • 55 months ago

Hey Guys! I'm looking to build a computer for $1500 or around there that will be used for gaming and music production. I want the games to be maxed out on all settings and running perfectly. I have created a list on this website, but don't know that much on parts, etc. If you would be able to help me out it'd be great!

Here's the list I created: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory Card Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Hello pfortuna,

Please list the following attributes in order of most to least important to you:

Gaming Performance (frame-rate)

Gaming Visual Quality (resolution and detail settings)

Music Production Performance (handling more simultaneous real-time synths)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

They're all equally important to me.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me make you a build for how I would spend that money.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker here with x99 easy capability of sli with that psu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

What's the difference between the 4790 and the one you picked? I'm not that good with PC parts lol.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

This one has lower clock speed but 2 more cores!!! And you can most likely get this cpu to 4.0ghz on this cooler so gaming performance will be the same but future games and anything else will be amazing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube