add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Leebs
  • 55 months ago

Hi there I'm new to all this. I'm trying to build a good gaming PC that could run ARK Survival at the highest possible level without any loss of frame rate or as near to as possible. Unfortunately all of this stuff kinds hits me and I have very little idea what I'm looking at. And after reading some posts and being turned to this page by a friend I thought I could present this problem to the fine people here. Could someone help me, I guess to say, steer me in the right direction and give me some ideas as to a build they could run this game great that won't literally cause me to mortgage my home. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Software > Games / Gaming" to "Systems > Create A Part List For Me".

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm I'm really willing to help your here but give me some approximate budget here because builds range from $300 to over $60000 as to maxing ark about 1-2k about.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd be willing to spend about $2500 over time to make this. I just want it to look and run with little to no difficulty.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker As ark is really really hard to run this may be good for you.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You know better than I do lol. But out of curiosity why 2 video cards?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Two video cards is called sli and it's almost double the performance in games but as you add more cards (up to 4) the amount that's gained per card rapidly decreases.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker if your willing to do 2500 this will suit you really really well.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The only component i would recommend changing is the psu to a XFX PRO Black Edition 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply as it is a Tier 1 PSU while the Thermaltake is a Tier 2.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I'll have lots of dumb questions. But what do these tier differences mean exactly?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Tiers are basically a ranking system. Tier one is the best. Highest quality components and efficiency. Xfx makes great power supplies.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Tier 1: The highest quality and most stable Power Supply Units available. Protected by industrial grade protection circuitry and can output wattage at a rated maximum temperature of 50°C or below. These units are also Haswell certified, meaning they can cope with the C6 and C7 sleep states of 0.05Amps without triggering the under-current protection switch. May even go over labelled wattage and still work until it safely shuts down. Tier 2: As above, just slightly lower quality. Still safe to use and are all stable for any PC of today's standards, including Haswell C Stepping certification and 100% Japanese Capacitors. It is rare to find a PSU here with Taiwanese Capacitors and perform very well here, but they are here just in case. Tier 3: Some Haswell compatible, some not (maybe unconfirmed). Still safe to use and stable, just lower quality components. Some capacitors maybe Japanese, but can include the Taiwanese capacitors. Not really ideal in serious overclocking or super-high load situations, such as a Bitcoin mining rig or a high end gaming system. Tier 4: No Japanese capacitors found. Only Taiwanese capacitors and may even include Chinese capacitors. Very basic safety circuits or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind. Avoid unless your budget dictates your choice. Tier 5: Just...no

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! I forgot about that psu and was trying to save a bit (as that was an altered 2k build) and I showed him a 2500 build (what I would do) including that psu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $365.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99 @ Newegg
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste $6.39 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $149.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $103.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $84.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $85.35 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) $629.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) $629.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case $109.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $94.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $17.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $96.45 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2530.89
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $2500.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-23 17:25 EDT-0400
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

There are so many different choices to make on this it would appear. Like picking a car. Only more confusing and with more options

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you all for your help tho. It is greatly appreciate!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

lol well...look at it this way,

You didn't have many options when you started, right?

Now you have too many to choose from. You came to the right place, it seems.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

It would seem that I did. Again thank you all so much. It will probably be a while yet till I can get one of these builds done but I will post pics of the result! And the specs!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube