add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How To Set Up Fan System In 500r Case

alexlanquin

51 months ago

I don't know much about setups so I understand the 500r case comes with a (2) fans in the front, (1) on the side, and (1) in the back. I was thinking about get the h100i gtx liquid cooler at the top but I don't think I would need it since I wouldn't be overclocking. So what kind of fans should I get for the top? 140mm? What brand is a good quality pair that is fairly cheap? And Will it be enough to cool the cpu? I'm probably just gonna keep the stock fans but eventually switch them?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not overclocking and don't need a liquid cooler, you wont really need to fill the top with fans. But, the general rule is: Intake fans for front, bottom and sides. Exhaust fans for rear and top. There's much debate about the ratio of exhaust to intakes, but I personally prefer a positive air case, which is more intakes to exhaust (keeps the dust out). If you are going to liquid cool, try to put the radiator on top so it pushes the air out of the case and uses the cool air being drawn into the case from the front intake fans to cool the rad. Simple right????? I think I just confused myself for a while there

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point
  • if you haven't bought the case, don't (if you did, continue reading)
  • the included fans are really weak and the case needs a side dust filter and a better one for the front
  • the stock fan setup is fine, but you should get better fans for the front intake

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube