add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What power supply should i get?

tsorre44
  • 53 months ago

I have all my parts picked out but im afraid that my psu may burn out or be doa. My pc specs important to the psu are I5 4690k 8gb corsair vengance 1600 ram gtx 950 ASUS strix z97 mobo 5 120 mm fans in case. Any advice on which watt I should go and which company or brand would be greatly appreciated. Thank You :)

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

the Seasonic G 360 watt would do fine for this build and more efficient than something that's 2.5 - 4 2x the wattage you need.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not the expert, but try a 750-850W power supply made by either Cooler Master or EVGA

Evga and Coolmaster have a few 750 watt psu's that you should avoid.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

no way the build he listed the main parts for draws 475 watts. my build doesn't even and that's a 4.7ghz 4770k and a 1500/80000 mhz 980ti. you're overshooting the landing by miles pal. and if you're going to say "buy these brands" at least try some that have no possibility to randomly land someone on a bad psu. can think of a couple evga and several CM 750 watt psus nobody wants to buy.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a great option if you want something cheap, with MiR's it has a unbeatable bang for your buck. If you want something top of the line I would recommend a Evga G2.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube