add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Core V1 Drive Bays

MaxMDiamond

50 months ago

Hi all, Ok so as i was compiling parts of my build to make my new mini itx machine, pcpartpicker said that some of the drive bays become unusable when the length of the graphics card is too long (Recommended = 285mm long. EVGA GeForce GTX 960 is 257mm long) I am aware that this is a tiny difference of 2mm but i want to know how it affects the build. If anybody has any information. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermaltake Core V1 Drive Bays,

pcpartpicker said that some of the drive bays become unusable when the length of the graphics card is too long

the V1 doesn't have drive bays in the front, this applies to other types of case.

I am aware that this is a tiny difference of 2mm

285-257= 28mm

you can use graphics cards up to 285mm but anything over 255mm will go out of the chassis through the front hole, though it won't show as the front panel will cover it. You will be perfectly fine with anything up to 285mm.

VGA length limitation:

255mm (Inner chassis)

285mm (Outer chassis)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh right, Ignoring my math faults, thanks a lot for this information

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you man

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube