add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need this much airflow if I'm doing push/pull?

davfo

51 months ago

Hey guys. I'm shopping for parts for my next build and I need some advice from the liquid cooling vets.

Here's the cooler I want to use in push pull (I'll be replacing stock fans)

I'm contemplating buying four of these fans or four of these fans (same static pressure but more airflow). I feel like if I choose four of the latter, it might be overkill.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

first I wouldn't recommend going with corsair fans... The quiet edition are pathetic, no static pressure and louder than most optimized good fans. So whats the point?

The others high performance edition have good static pressure but are loud. This radiator is slim so push pull doesn't make sense as you wont see a drop in temperatures.

I would get 2 well optimized for static pressure fans..

If you still feel the need to do push pull with corsair fans which will yield no benefit go with the high performance edition and run them at 40%... Remember Push pull only makes sense with a thick radiator like the one the H80i has.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Any recommendations as to a better brand of static pressure PWM fans?

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

those are the ER, i have heard so many good things about it.... Do you have the ER ?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube