add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1000-1500 budget, looking for high quality Twitch stream build

PhantomCards
  • 56 months ago

hey guys! looking into replacing my laptop and if im going to do it, im going to do it right. Trying to build a rig so that i pretty much can go that game, i want to play that game and have no issues. I would love to start streaming too so i need specs for that also. I would also prefer it last me a while rather than replace it a year later. I know there is super expensive high end parts but I dont believe I would need those. I keep looking at the GTX 970 for my GPU as it seems to be pretty solid for game that are out and coming out right now. I was a bit stuck on the CPU, was looking into AMD but from what i read in my research Intel tends to be better for streaming. I saw the i7-4790K and it looked pretty solid. TBH the cheaper the better... but if I need to save up a little more cash then I can wait for that too. I was tinkering around and made this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WWPZMp

just the overall cost got me and i wasnt sure if there was something better i could do.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to stream with minimal overheads then nvidia shadowplay is a great way to go. It means you don't need to focus on super high end cpus. A basic i5 and gtx 970 would be great.

There might be other methods that are similar but I'm only familiar with shadowplay and the benefits of using it.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm I would like overheads though. I would have quite a bit of fun with those XD for example there are some games I speedrun so I would use one for that. looks like an interesting program though. I think theres a couple I5's i was looking but i cant remember

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

390>970 for same price Also, just a heads up: most pro twitch streamers (LevelCap, Matim0, me) have a separate build with like an elgato capture card in it so they dont lose performance from their main computer. HOWEVER, this can get VERY expensive very quickly, so just wanted to let you know for future reference.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

is the 390 made by AMD? sorry not too savvy with some GPU. and those cards didnt seem too pricey as an investment

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, ideally a 980 would keep you on top. BUT, if you want to stay in budget, the 390 outperforms the 970 at a equal/slightly lower price.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll probably get a 980 then, I'd rather spend a little extra cash now rather than regret it after a year or so lol. As for the rest of the parts I picked do they look good? I'm mainly concerned about the cpu

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for a six core. DX12 will be able to utilize up to six cores and the additional two will help with streaming/editing, along with 16gb of RAM.

I'd go with either a 970/390 at a cheaper price since Pascal will be coming out soon with a node shrink bringing massive performance gains with it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor $379.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Enermax ELC-LM120S-HP 111.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $62.73 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3P (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $193.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $96.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $66.98 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $329.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $67.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $239.99 @ Newegg
Total $1690.39
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

2 things though everyone and everywhere I go says intel does better in the end for streaming and gaming even though its pricey, plus im upping my limit to $2000 with my new calculations. I do like Radeon just the GTX models seem better at glance but I will do my research and take in your advice to see how it pans out.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

My suggestion is to go a bit cheaper on the case http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tangentmonkeys/saved/gZ8gXL

I found 120 gb for SSD is not enough, and if you're going to stream and edit a lot of video and want to keep back up copy of them, 2 Tb of storage is a good size for high def video. Also 16 gb make a big difference in speed!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I wont be editing videos, just streaming and I mainly want the SSD for my OS which is why i picked a small sized one. if i changed my mind I could always get a larger one though. and I will go to 16GB but i would like to get the darn thing at least and i can get more ram later XD. also why wouldnt you just store all the info on the regular storage and not the SSD?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, sorry I didn't know you just want to use it for the OS. I put games on mine SSD as well as and it ran out of space too quickly.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

yeah XD I was recommended by an old friend a while ago to just put the OS on it for faster boot times. i wouldnt mind if a game took a little time to open. my curent computer takes too long to start up so im tired of that lol.

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

well some things have changed, ive decided to increase my limit to about 2K due to my extra pay i will be getting. when it comes to the CPU im really stuck on the I7, it preforms so well and im willing to pay the extra for it. the R9 390 does look pretty good but im a bit torn to move away from the gtx 980. they are so close its hard to tell which id really prefer but im going to look into the R9 390 a bit more.

that case looks amazing, ive been trying to pick a decent one and i think im going to go with that now lol.

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

wouldnt the I7 4790K preform better than the 6700K? i kept looking at other cpu's but a couple people pointed me to the 4790K.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube