PCPartPicker

• Register

$1500 PC build (Gaming,Rendering, Video Editing, and Streaming)

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Joshua00 32 months ago

Windows 10-no peripherals- i live in the U.S-$1500 and under-Gaming, Rendering, Video Editing, Streaming(Gaming while Streaming) I would like this to be the most futuristic build that's possible and explain every part and why you chose it if that's possible. I am going to add a custom water cooling loop to the cpu so try to put that in the budget. Don't worry about the capture card being in the budget i have already had one purchased Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 32 months ago

went with the i7 because the hyper threading (from i7) will improve performance while rendering and video editing. You should get at least 16 gigs of ram. If you won't be doing heavy stuff you could go with the i5-6600k overclock it and get a better GPU. A custom water cooling loop won't be cheap so you can go with the nepton 240m or better the Kraken X61. For cases i really like the phanteks enthoo pro

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $369.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $89.10 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $144.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $89.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $72.00 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $40.50 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $299.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $99.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $18.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $89.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1460.30
Mail-in rebates -$55.00
Total $1405.30
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-02 09:37 EST-0500
Joshua00 submitter 1 point 32 months ago

I am buying my computer off Ironside computers with financing and I will be paying on it for like 2 years so I want to make sure that it will at least last double that and last 4 years even if I have to replace the cpu or upgrade to sli or more ram so would ddr4 be the best? And I will build the custom water cooling loop myself

skylake and ddr4 will surely last you longer, Eventhough the i7 will last you and you can always overclock later on to improve performance when needed, there will be CPU upgrades for socket 1151 as it was just released. The ideal thing would be to wait for pascal to get the graphics card but that will be next year and nvidia hasn't given an exact date. SLI will only work with nvidia and crossfire with AMD. You could probably push this build a little bit and get the GTX 980.

difference between gtx 970 vs. 980

pascal? i wont be buying this till around march or april

if you are building next year, it will make sense to wait for nvidia's new GPU Pascal!!

what do you know about pascal whats new

Eternalz 1 point 32 months ago

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wCmpTW its around $800, i may change it if you ask, for 1,500 you can get ALOT out of a PC, tell me anything else you want included/changed, although, i will tell you what i have picked so far, okay so.. CPU: I picked this CPU because its a great price for performance, you get 8 CPU Cores, 4mhz, and it's good for doing ALOT of rendering with videos and such. you can also overclock this, i highly suggest you do this. you'll get even more performance, if you don't know how this google it i guess.

CPU Cooler: it's great for keeping the computer cooled, should be very quiet from what i seen. also great for overclocked the CPU

Mother Board: This is good for the price, i wanted it to not be too expensive so you can get good stuff ;), supports up to 64GB of ram which is... godly. 16gb is all you need for now probably, most games run at 4gb or 8gb of ram, you can add or change more later, super easy to do that btw :P RAM: Good brand/company, very reliable. 16 gb, good for gaming, editing, rendering, multi-tasking, you name it. as i said before though, >16gb is all you need for now probably, most games run at 4gb or 8gb of ram, you can add or change more later, super easy to do that btw :P

SSD: Solid state drive, should be good enough. Some people say SSD are "faster" then hard drives.. Not sure about that lol (some people use SSD's for quicker boot time or editing just google it)

HHD: 1TB Hard drive, should be all you need, i have 500gb in my laptop and i make alot of videos and i'm good on space, of course you will be playing games though. i can get you 2TB for a good price if u want. 7200rpm, should be excellent.

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card, This GPU should play ANY game you Through at it. very good for price and performance, should play most games at maxed settings from what i heard!

Power Supply: Apevia 700W ATX Power Supply, good for price and the 700w, should be fine. i think it has a Blue LED with the Fan also :O

DVD/CD Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer, Cheap drive (price), should be good though. It's not like you need a $50 dvd drive So lol

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit), (OEM - is a term used when one company makes a part or subsystem that is used in another company's end product.) Should be good for the price.

Case Fan(s): NZXT Air Flow Series 59.1 CFM 120mm Fan, just a $9-10 Fan that should help keep the computer more Cooler. has good reviews.

NOTE: Since you have a great budget, we can change or add stuff, just tell me what you want changed or added. Or what brand/parts you prefer.

[comment deleted]