add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

800-1000 Streaming computer

Zpon
  • 55 months ago

-Budget: 800-1000 if it meets my needs cheaper is better

-Use: Best settings gaming dota 2, next gen games while streaming

-Peripherals: Camera, Mic. Please make the mic only able to pick up whats right in front because I live where it can be noisy

-Operating System required: Windows 10

-I already have an Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor

Would like a blue color scheme and options so I can take advantage of the black Friday sales. If no price increase and possible I would like it in a small case I could bring with me in a car or train. Please explain the why you choose each component and how it works with the others.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $0.00
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler $46.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock X99M Extreme4 Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $175.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.66 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $319.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $42.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $90.00 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $818.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-02 18:45 EST-0500

This is what I came up with.

Motherboard: Micro ATX form factor so you can fit it in to a micro atx case and bring it around. Not much else to say. Most x99 boards are high quality.

Cooler: Good air cooler at a cheap price. Competes with some liquid coolers at a reduced price.

Ram: Ram is ram. 16 gigs to help out when you are streaming, editing etc.

Video card: the r9 390 is one of the best price to performance cards out there. Outperforms the gtx 970 and has 8 gigs of VRAM to make it a bit more future proof. A little more heat output and power consumption though.

Power supply: xfx makes very good power supplies and the xfx xtr is one of them.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the build! I Like you were able to even keep it on the lowest side of things. Are there by chance other components to keep a eye out for that might be the same or slight better to see what goes on sale during black Friday?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah this build would serve you very well. Its hard to say what other components would go on sale. I assume it would be older components like maybe the hard drive. All the other conponents are pretty new so I'm guessing they won't be on sale. Some things to look for might be a cpu cooler, agraphics card like a r9 290, and maybe a power supply. Make sure the power supply is at least 600 watts if you see one and that it has good quality parts.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply I'll keep this in mind

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know if you need CPU Cooler but there are good ones for under 50$

Motherboard: There is only 1 Mini ITX motherboard and this is the one which supports everything.

Case: The case is small so you can carry it anywhere you want.

Ram: This is plenty of RAM at 2666 MHz which is fast.

GPU: I was going for nvidia but the budget doesn't allow me for GTX 980, but still the r9 390 does the job.

Storage: If 250 GB of SSD isn't enough you can get the 500GB or go with 1TB HDD instead. ( I think the SSD it will drop at good price for black Friday)

PSU: Tier 1 PSU which is great for overclocking and it will last long.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $0.00
Motherboard ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard $238.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $104.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $299.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case $38.70 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $94.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $89.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $975.52
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $955.52
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-02 19:02 EST-0500
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the build! Kept in mind everything I asked and I will keep this in mind when it I see whats on sale during black Friday. Do I sacrifice anything by going with the mini motherboard and case? Will everything fit into that case?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah you sacrifice somethings like higher ram capacity and less fan headers and stuff but it should be fine cuz you aren't an enthusiast.it'll be tough to fit everything in there but its definitely worth it if you do.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

As iglitch2win said everything will fit perfect, and everyone that wants to carry their PCs to LAN party and other stuff are buying the mini ITX factor Cases.

And 16 GB is killer atm for streaming and gaming, but if you think you want to upgrade in the future you can go with http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f42800c15s16gvr which is single 16GB stick and you can go up to 32GB.

If you think there isn't enough overflow in the case you can get 2x 120mm case fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube