add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
swishaaa

49 months ago

I recently purchased a DIYPC adventurer-i8-r from newegg, this case includes 5 case fans and a built in fan controller switch. My question is how do i connect all of the fans then connect them to the fan controller and the psu??

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Connect all fans to the fan controller and then connect the fan controller power cable to the PSU.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I have my pc nearly built besides the fact i cannot connect my fans to the psu. The ONLY power plug coming from the fan controller is a molex yet the 4 fans are 3 pin. What cord goes from the psu to the molex power plug. Can yiu please explain

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, so I will explain how the fan controller will work to you to see if that will solve anything since I'm not physically there to help you. Most fans currently have either a 3 or 4 pin connector, 4 pins allows for PWM, while yours have both a 3/4 pin and a molex to connect directly to your power supply. If you were to use the fans normally they would connect to the motherboard and be used by the amount of heat. However, another method is plugging it into your power supply via molex which causes the fans to always be on so long as the system has power flowing through it. Your fan controller requires 4 pin connected fans to change the speed through the interface. The fan controller requires power for its interface and all the fans. That power must be received through the molex connector or some other form of cable. Check the manual or online to see if that will help if my tutorial doesn't.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Or post a picture of the cord

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a corsair cx600m psu btw

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube