add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP S.O.S (best build under 400$)

mojo8448
  • 55 months ago

Please help me with getting a build together here is what i want if the can fit in budget 1. very upgradeable 2. 8gb ram 3.amd 4. overclockable 5.decent psu i don't need you to include any os or peripherals

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I think this will work very well for the budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $119.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $28.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $45.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Mushkin Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $41.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Case Enermax Thorex ATX Mid Tower Case $34.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $54.29 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $371.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 21:45 EST-0500
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

intel is fine but 1 thing the pentium duel core is it any good

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Why a Fractal design PSU? Just get the EVGA one. It even cost way less then that, and has a better rating I believe.

Also, Seagate Barracude, really? That's a horrible HDD. Switch to Western Digital ASAP. Also that Intel Pentium doesn't even support 1600MHz RAM so all you're really doing is wasting money beyond that point.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

True but that's if the OP will ever upgrade to begin with, plus you might as well need a BIOS update to if you plan to upgrade to a i3 or even a i5 due to the fact that even on that current motherboard it said "Some Intel B85 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs." and considering the OP has no idea how to do a BIOS update, it can cause many many problems.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100w10500kr Granted it's not modular, it's still +50 wats with a 80+ certificate. It's also $5 cheaper, and with the $10 rebate, $15 cheaper for +50 watts, but not modular.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr Or this one, again not modular bot +50 watts with a 80+ Bronze certificate. Plus it's literally the same exact price.

I also don't see how there crap if looking at the reviews for both on Newegg, there excellent, especially for gaming.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I must've been looking at the wrong build then lol. I've had mutliple tabs opened all at once for a while now, and I got confused xD.

Having the right case, you can easily get rid of the cables that block airflow. Or you could just you know, keep them all tied down to the bottem below the HDD's, and now air flow would be blocked.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube