add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

phanteks Tc12dx has one fan working

czbeezy

51 months ago

My build is using the splitter y cable it came with but the exhaust fan isn't spinning. It's connected to the y cable into the mobo.

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the exhaust fan physically able to turn? What happens when you switch what side of the y cable the fans are plugged in to? What happens when you plug just the exhaust fan into the motherboard without the y cable?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I can spin it.

I didnt think about switching it, let me try.

Okay so now the exhaust fan is running but the intake fan is not.

Maybe not enough power being supplied to the fans?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say the y cable is bad if the same side causes the fan hooked up to not work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube