add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

S340 + Kraken X61 + Fury X x2

spitonastranger

49 months ago

Another S340 thread. I'll keep this simple:

Can an S340 mount a Kraken on the front, a Fury X radiator on the top and another Fury X radiator on the back?

I understand the airflow won't be ideal, but is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

yes!!!

product page under specs

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/151-s340-mid-tower-atx-case.html

Radiator Support

Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm

Rear 1 x 120mm

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, if the Kraken fills those front two radiator slots, that only leaves the top 120mm and the back 120mm slots. The quote from NZXT you provided does not mention the top 120mm slot as radiator-supported.

Is there a meaningful distinction between fan slot and radiator supported-slot?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

you can only fit radiators on front and rear panel. On top panel i would use a 140mm fan to exhaust air.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha. So, long story short, you can't fit two Fury X's and a Kraken. Just clarifying.

It also seems inadvisable to mount radiators on the front panels if they're going to be pushing air out. Seems fine if they're pulling, but pushing out hits that front panel hard. Maybe I'm way off base.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha. So, long story short, you can't fit two Fury X's and a Kraken. Just clarifying.

exactly!

the radiator on the front i would put it intaking air and the one on the rear exhausting.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, that would make sense.

Since I don't know that much about radiators, maybe you can enlighten me.In "exhaust" configuration, are the fans pulling air from behind the radiator unit, or do they basically just cool the radiator and not move much air? They look very solid and I wasn't sure if much air would pass from the back to the front or not.

It seems like, hypothetically, if you COULD mount a radiator to the top, with both the top and back radiators exhausting/pushing air out and the Kraken pulling air in from the front, you'd have a decent positive pressure system. Hence why I initially believed you could fit two Fury X's AND a Kraken.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube