add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks vs Corsair

johngerges582

49 months ago

Long story short, I have this build planned, and I want a nice case.

My 2 options are the Phanteks Enthoo Primo and the Corsair 900D. I like the window of the 900D better,but the primo just seems like the better case.

I'm leaning towards the Primo,but Corsair still looks like a good option.

Are there any other good Full Tower cases I should look at?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Woah, what are you doing with the 900d!? That's a biig case. Lemme guess eatx or dual CPU board with triple gpu and a PCIe name drive?

Jk, your itx build will look sick in either.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

i wann pley minecreft

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well...

You're gonna need a big case to run that demanding of a game anyways cause a bigger case means MOAR POWAR!!!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say the Primo since its a lot cheaper and has all of the same, if not better, functionality but let me confuse you some more, have you looked at the Merlin SM8 or the MAGNUM M8A from Caselabs?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Merlin SM8 or the MAGNUM M8A from Caselabs?

I didn't like the Cube look of the Magnum, but the Merlin looks promising.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I just picked up the primo s/e red and black. Best build contruction and features ive seen under $300.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

what kind of build you have planned that makes you look at these big badass cases? generally speaking I'd go Primo for several reasons.

• size: the Primo is a bit smaller, yet has 95% the same radiator mounting capacity and is way more space efficient.
  • features: the primo has the 900D whipped in this depertament (900D doesn't even have dedicated SSD holders) with the res and pump brackets, slide out fulters on the bottom.
  • compartment seperation: the case cleans up better and looks nicer even if you have skimpy hardware inside.
  • build quality: both cases are nice and use a combo of steel/aluminum/plastic, but the primo has less plastic bits, less little parts inside that can break.
  • 5.25" bays: the Primo has more and the way Phanteks cases are designed, top mounted radiators interfere with the 5.25" bays less, this is true down the line with the 750D/luxe/Pro as well.
  • cost: the Primo is usually $70-$100 cheaper and is a steal by comparison.

some advantages of the 900D:

• size: 900D is a little bigger, but it adds nothing really. the case IMO should fit a 560 rad at it's dimensions, but the depth is partially due to a 50mm wide rear frame.
  • much more room for a front mounted radiator, at the cost of top clearance on 5.25" bays. also true down the line 750D/Luxe/Pro.
  • side mounted bottom rad can look nice.
  • hard drive bays: corsair's hard drive bays are way more flexible in their placement than Phanteks, again right down through the 750D/Luxe/Pro.
  • 9 pci-e slots: more room for XL ATX mobo or if you want 4 way SLI setup with some extra space.

SM8 Merlin: I like it. similar height and depth to the Luxe and 750D, but is much wider and holds thick 480/360 rads nicely together for it's size.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So would the Merlin be a better case than the Primo?

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

in terms of total rad mounting I think the Primo and 900D are better, but the caselabs has better build of course and is more customizable. although it doesn't come with dust filters. it all comes down to what kind of build you're doing. don't tell me you're getting an i5, a gtx 970 and a 550 watt budget psu or something.:)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

i5, a gtx 970 and a 550 watt budget psu or something.:)

It's actually an 860k with a 250x

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

..... okay.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube