add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best cheap gaming keyboard

MooshroomForest

49 months ago

I have a CM storm devastator keyboard I got from a friend and have heard it is pretty bad. Would you guys be able to make some recommendations about a better one for under say $60? Or should I just stick with my current one?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I have it and I find it great, no real complaints besides the leds have to be on to see the keys good.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, but a lot of people say it isn't mechanical or the response time is horrid.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

it isn't mechanical

Its not but what do you except of a $30 keyboard that comes with a mouse, that would be like saying your Toyota Camry can't break the 200MPH barrier.

the response time is horrid.

I find it fine.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally find the response time fine, but I don't have any faster comparison either. I find that it isn't mechanical also to add up to warranting an upgrade.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have any faster comparison either.

Neither do I, this is the nicest keyboard I have owned.

I find that it isn't mechanical also to add up to warranting an upgrade.

I highly doubt you are going to be able to find a decent one for under $60.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess that put the matter to rest. For some reason, I was start out with a minimal budget and go up from there and then get disappointed when it isn't the best.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Stick with your current one, not many mechanicals under $60. If you can find an IBM Model M for under $60 on eBay, it's definitely worth it. It isn't the best for gaming, but it is awesome for typing

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That is another version, called the M2. The original looks like this

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a tad more than you wanted, but I have this keyboard and it's great. Unless you don't like blue that is. Here

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol idk of one right Off the bat, but uh i just wanna share this. this is my dream keyboard D:

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

But... razer.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

But... razer.

oh, yeah.. and it's expensive asf.. ;(

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, it looks cool, but isn't always the best quality these recent years. Kind of like a less hyped Beats almost.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm, whats a good keyboard then?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair K70 called. It wants Razer's fanboys back.

LOL. yeah, how can u not like it?

JK, jk. Have you looked at the K70 though?

Yeah.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The red dragon karura keyboard. Its not mechanical. Its red. Its quite.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it only in red?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

This has dropped to $50 and i'm sure if you wait till circa black friday, you'll see it at $60 or less no problem. My friend owns one with cherry browns on it and adores it. He turns the backlighting off as it annoys him. It's really good for the price and comes in three keytype options (brown, blue, or red).

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I say stick with the one you got, i have it also and it works great for me only downside is the LEDs not being on makes it hard to see the keys.

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I got it for free, so even better. Threw out mouse and got an EVGA Torq x5l and 650 watt g2 psu for half off with the purchase of a EVGA GPU.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube