add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
stormlashx
  • 55 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Yp7kNG

This is my second post, same topic. I decided what I want. I am just confused as to how many fans fit in my case. Id like to replace the default ones but cant figure out how many fit on top of the case? I know it is 140 in the back and and 2 140 in the front. Should I just get 120s ? Also should I wait for CYBERMONDAY so I can save $? Also can't figure out if I should get SLI bridge short or long?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the top of the case officially supports 3x120mm fans and 2x 140, but I've seen 3 140's in the top. 140's are better than 120's. more airlflow and less noise. the ones that come in this case are very good so unless you wanna spend $20+ each don't go replacing them with inferior fans. if it's one thing Phanteks does right, it's not selling cases with throw away fans. the AS5 you can skip on. there is better paste like MX-4, NT-H1 or PK-3. the cooler comes with shin etsu applied (way better than AS5). this ram kit would go nicely in this build.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

So just get rid of the paste completely ? And what about the SLI bridge? Which one? Long/Short Bridge?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yea, you shouldn't need the paste. the SLI bridge is fine.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Length of the SLI bridge should be largely determined by placement distance. If the GPUs are next to each other, go short.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the AIO cooler already has thermal compound, and you do know Xfire fury x's do much better than 980ti's? and expecially since dx12 is coming out in the next couple of months, your going to need it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube