add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[jonnyguru]EVGA 850 GQ review

PureBlackFire
  • 53 months ago

Link

hopefully this unit falls to around $100-$110 for everyday pricing. not bad, but at $129.99 that's too close to better 850 watt psus.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

While I stumbled upon here, here's a relevant article from 2 months ago about EVGA's GQ and BD series by HEC: http://www.orionpsudb.com/news/evga-to-expand-their-lineup-with-the-gq-series-manufactured-by-fsp

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

yea, I saw your article a day after you put it up. think I linked it on here before.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The BD Series is going to be a miserable disappointment. People will see EVGA on the label and throw them into all manner of PCs.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

It had better by $90 if it wants to be competitive and carry the FSP label. Even though it performed well, people will stray away because it says FSP on it. At $129.99 it's a swing and a miss for sure.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

people just need to educate themselves and trust in data out there that can be measured and verified. besides, anything with EVGA's name on it seems to get a +5 bonus with the general community by defalt. as long as the design isn't old or mediocre like their other FSP and HEC based units (people seem high on their HEC stuff anyway) I can't see it getting a bad rep. still, at $130 it's in a tight spot.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

FSP still makes plenty of bum units. I agree, this is a very good unit, but there are people out there who don't like buying from companies that sell low quality units alongside their good stuff. CWT and FSP are good examples of this.

As unfortunate as it is, there will always be people like that. I just hope these don't get farmed out to other factories like the G2 units are.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

there's no reason for a company the size of FSP to do that. the reason it happened with the G2 units is because superflower's production capacity still isn't that high.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

This is definitely true. My only reasoning for them doing it would be to lower production costs to be able to sell at a lower price.

Do you know what factory manufactures the G2 units? I believe it is HEC.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know any info on where they are made. I'd think jing hua.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't be quick to declare which units are farmed out and which aren't, and which factories they actually go to... It shouldn't matter as long as they keep QC standards.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd think that two good 850W 80+ gold units from EVGA would be enough lol.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

the Corsair roadmap. the more overlapping psu series you make, the more market share you'll get, right?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Hopefully they don't start putting out really crap units.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

They are about to with the BD series. Get ready.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube