add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

BEST PSU's FOR SLEEVING! :)

Synced
  • 53 months ago

Dear PCPartPicker friends and family, I am about to build my 3rd PC and in my past two PC's i have had the dream of custom sleeving the cables and creating not only a powerful PC, but an aesthetically pleasing one as well. This is going to be my last PC before i go off to college and i am determined to build this one with aesthetics in mind. However, I keep hitting dead ends with cable sleeving. I am unable to pull the pins out of every power supply i order, I have tried every trick and every tool and i am still unable to get it. If you guys could help me out by telling me some of the best PSU's to custom sleeve and perhaps some of your favorite tools to assist in the process that would be great! P.S. I am looking for a PSU 650 - 750W PSU. Thanks! ~Chase

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably EVGA though never own one. Tried Corsair before with non-bundled/single wire sleeving & it's a pain in the *** with wires crisscrossing from one end to the other like Cooler Master. It's very tricky indead removing pins but once you learn the tricks it's really not that hard. Nowadays, you can always get sleeved cables instead of doing the sleeving yourself.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

probably shouldn't choose any psu like the EVGA G2/P2, Corsair RMx/RMi or anything else with solid capacitors on most of the cables. I've heard they are a real pain for DIY sleeving. too bad, those are some of the best high end psus for the price.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair TX is really hard to sleeve. Don't know about the RMs as I never tried them but it's probably the same as the TX. Good thing with Corsair they're selling sleeve cables.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

the RM may not be so bad. the only thing with the RM (not RMx/RMi) is that beside the 850 watt the series is a combo of sub par units and flat out terrible dollar value. maybe the best course of action is to buy some sleeved kits like you said.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, it makes no sense nowadays to do the sleeving when you can get sleeved kits. Unless you're looking for a specific sleeve color for your build. The amount of time & effort is just not worth it.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

you know what I always wanted to try but never had the nerve to? cable stitching. very time consuming.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Cable combs are getting more popular. Not many nowadays doing the stiching. But it looks nice & it's hard to duplicate as it requires skills.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube