add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

We won the Ultrawide Festival, A $10,000 Set-up is our prize, Where do we start?

SquashedGames
  • 55 months ago

So we won the www.Ultrawidefestival.com run by LG, and we're absolutely clueless on where to start on building two computers to fill our set-up with!

We got $10,000 altogether but as theirs two of us we're going to be sharing this on one set-up for our channel! And obviously we're not looking to spend it all on the PCs, so we've decided to budget $5-6k (£3.3-3.95k) on building two gaming computers that are both capable of recording all the gameplay, webcams, audio at once and then be able to edit an export effectively on afterwards.

Regarding peripherals we have a monitor already through LG, but probably get another of the same model for the other comp separately from this budget! So would just be looking for quiet mice an keyboads preferably wireless for both of us to use and then also we don't know if this exist but is there a way/ piece of hardware that letstwo adjacent computers share a folder/ hardrive so we can easily share files when working alongside each other?

Probably use windows 7, or 10 (haven't tried it yet so don't know its effectiveness) as an OS

We're located in London, but the price money is in dollars (don't know the logistics of how this'll work yet.

Another thing to note is that I built a custom PC a couple years back now so any re-use we could have would be good to save !Dollar! What i have ATM is : GTX 650 GC

2x4gb Corsair sticks of Ram

Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Intel Z77 MB

550W XFX PSU

Intel Core i5-3330 3.00GHz

Enermax ETS -T40 TB liquid CPU Cooler

Thanks guys

Much appreciated in advance

TLDR

Budget: £3.3-3.95k for two PCs

Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): Gaming, recording(both the game, us and our faces) and then the editing after

Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): Keyboard mouse for both comps, piece of hardware to share files between comps (clueless on name)

Operating System required: Windows, have windows 7 disk.

Possible use of current PC parts to save dollar!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

6 Core i7 perfect for rendering/editing 980 will do 1080p 60FPS even whilst recording and monitor allows it to go higher when not recording the rest is solid and matches a black and white colour theme 2 montiors as well 1 for gaming 1 for music or watching streams http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/cBxGQ7 external HDD to save recordings on and can be easily interchanged between the 2 PCs https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-external-hard-drive-hxd301tdbg Total cost (at time of post) £3814.08 any left over money can be used on a webcam or any software needed. Also I chose not to reuse the old PC since this is better in every way though one PC could use the old PS if you like. I dont think youll find anyone who can find a better balanced build for what you want thatn this though Im ready to be proven wrong

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You seem to be missing a monitor and an OS as well as the peripherals in this list and some sort of file sharing system which would total this build at around 2500-2700 a piece

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

"base computer"

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but the problem is he asked for peripherals and an OS as well for that price this is well over budget

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube