add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PLEASE HELP ME £300 budget

samfeeney1997
  • 55 months ago

Budget: --------------------------------------£300 Location:------------------------------------ Burscough- UK Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): ?GAMING Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): none Operating System required: -----------YES -------------------------------------------------Will need WiFi because no access to Ethernet -------------------------------------------------Already own a case - fractal design R4

I already have an fractal design R4 already sat under my bed collecting dust so i'm wanting to use that for my case. I do have a job where i can get around £300 a month. this month i was able to get a little extra so i'm looking at getting a very low-end gaming PC which i can upgrade every few months. i'm looking at integrated graphics to start off with then ill upgrade cup and GPU when i have the dolla!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

This is usually the budget where I'd make an APU build. However, it was recently shown that the integrated graphics in the i3-6100 (Intel HD530) are able to match performance or outperform the iGPU in AMD's A10 series (their flagship APU models). In light of that, this build is made with the intent of future upgrades. PSU and motherboard will allow support for a dedicated GPU as funds become available while still being capable of performing on par with an APU. The CPU cooler is to reduce the thermal load on the CPU, because I am sure it will run pretty hot when it's under full load of the iGPU. This cooler will keep it nice and safe, however. The reason for DDR3 rather than ddr4 is mainly cost. The motherboard and ram are less expensive, so it seemed like the best option.

I know you need OS included, but I'd highly suggest running Linux Mint or Steam OS until you can budget Windows. The wait really is worth the performance

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £90.98 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler RAIJINTEK AIDOS BLACK 48.6 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £14.99 @ Novatech
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 DDR3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £65.00 @ Dabs
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory £29.94 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.39 @ Aria PC
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For £0.00
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £49.92 @ More Computers
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN781ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter £9.95 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £295.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-11 19:41 GMT+0000
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll need to buy an OS though? i could maybe stretch to £350?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I mentioned some free operating systems you could try running until you're able to budget Windows, but if you'd rather up the budget to have Windows immediately, here's the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £90.98 @ Aria PC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £53.94 @ Aria PC
Memory Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £36.77 @ More Computers
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.39 @ Aria PC
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For £0.00
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £49.92 @ More Computers
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £72.30 @ CCL Computers
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN781ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter £9.95 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £348.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-11 20:52 GMT+0000
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I think i'll go with windows straight up because then i know what i'm doing! hahaha thank you :')

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't blame you, haha

I'm an electrical/computer engineering student and I'm still wary of dual-booting x.x

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That class! and also not at the same time ahahah. what graphics card would you suggest for me to get next?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I see that .. review?? Sounds interesting, wouldn't even cross my mind to try that.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Here ya go, benchmarks comparing the iGPU of recent processors including the APUs and Skylake chips. They also have an interesting section comparing the intel iGPU to other CPUs with a low-end discrete GPU

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skylake-intel-core-i7-6700k-core-i5-6600k,4252-9.html

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent, thank you.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube