add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this psu just over the top for what i have

Dubstub
  • 53 months ago

Ok heres my parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ . in this list it has a 750w psu with a gtx960 but in the future i plan on taking the gtx960 and swapping it with a 970. anysuggestions

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to use the permalink, in the upper left of the parts list page above the compatibility check. The generic link you put in above will take each user to their own personal parts list, not the one you want to show.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

650w is plenty even for a gtx970.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

So a gold rated 600 w power supply will be good for the gtx 960 but also be a good power supply for the 970 in the future

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

as long as it's a good psu.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah no problem. Gold is not important. The quality of the PSU is what matters.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'm gonna go with the 650 psu so i can over clock my current gtx 960 and then over the 970 when I get that. Now is this a good psu (Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

coolermaster GM? not very good. if you're sticking to a single gpu system get a better 550 watt. unless you go 970 SLI or an AMD card above the R9 380, you have no need for and nothing to gain from a 650 watt psu. don't buy needless watts over quality.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Even overclocking the 960 and 970 the 550 w would be sufficient enough? Because i do plan on getting the 970 in the future but I have the 960 right now.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

yes. the 960 you'd be fine with something like the Seasonic G 360 watt. the worst of 970's out there would all be fine on a 450 watt overclocked in this system.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube