add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Yet another gaming PC

MindOfMonsters
  • 55 months ago

What I mean by no budget is don't worry about how much it is going to cost but don't spend an unnecessary amount. If you can justify the cost then do it.

Budget: None

Use: Mainly gaming

Peripherals required: None

Operating System required: No

Color scheme is Blue or Blue and White. The only thing is it all has to fit in this case The use is mainly for gaming and it has to be able to play all current and future games at max settings and high quality without any problems. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/73YNt6) / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $329.99 @ Micro Center
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $129.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $151.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $74.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card $629.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Antec Lanboy air Blue ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $121.11 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1589.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-12 17:11 EST-0500

Best of the best

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a ton of blue or white stuff so threw some black in there. For the power supply you can remove the labels or paint them

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Where did you find that case? It is pretty old and hasn't been sold in quite a few years. If the cable management was better it would have been way ahead of its time. Price was insane though. It definitely would have been more successful if they could get the price closer to $140 rather than $190+. That being said, I use that case and I quite like it.

As for a build itself, Aldrighetti has a great build. The thing with Skylake motherboards is that the popular black and blue boards from Haswell never carried over. The only thing I can suggest is going with this G Skill RAM which is blue.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend(who I'm helping build this) said it's the case he wants to use. Not certain if he has it already tho.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

If he doesn't already have it, the case will be extremely difficult to find. Due to the case's high end nature (and accompanying price) not many were made nor sold. If your friend already has it, the case is very interesting and, except for merely average cable management, a pretty nice case to work with. If he doesn't have it and wants a highly modular case, the best (and price is pretty nice too) option is the Cooler Master MasterCase 5 and MasterCase Pro 5. If he wants a general black and blue aesthetic, the Enermax ECA3820 and NZXT H440 and S340 are great choices.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll let him know, thanks. :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube