add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Photoshop and Audacity.

TwistedAce
  • 55 months ago

Hello, I'm new here and Ive been doing research on computers. I never built a pc but im looking for a machine that can run Photoshop cs6 and Audacity for 300$ or less. I don't plan on using the beefer side of photoshop, only for mixtape/ album design covers and to record tracks on audacity. It will be much appreciated if I could get a list or helpful information, thanks.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Inexpensive parts with a solid processor. The case comes with a PSU, and since it's an Antec case, I'd expect the PSU is as well, meaning it's at least sort of reliable:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor $111.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $42.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Case Antec VSK-4350E-N ATX Mid Tower Case w/350W Power Supply $49.99 @ Directron
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $285.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-12 22:55 EST-0500
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

here you go http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XTgnzy

this will be VERY responsive and snappy as well as being painless to build. latest intel architecture CPU (fast). SSD as boot drive with 1TB as storage drive. 80+ efficiency power supply that is overkill in wattage department (these are both good things). great case for the money that makes installing future hard or solid state drives whether they are 2.5 or 3.5" a breeze.

you may want to add on another of the same RAM stick later on, if you don't have the cash for it.

if you wana bump your budget up to accommodate 8GBs of ram, go with this instead (316$) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F9HWkL

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you guys for the list, does the cpu's already have built in graphics?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube