add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Core V31 - Can a XFX R9 280X fit?

JMak00

49 months ago

I initially was going to get the Deepcool Tesseract SW case, but have since decided that I will pay a little more for a more modular case. The Thermaltake Core V31 is the case I now want to buy; however, I get a compatibility note when selecting it with my GPU - XFX R9 280X.

From the pics here - http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Chassis/Mid_Tower_/Core/C_00002469/Core_V31_/Gallery.htm - it appears that the HDD cage can be moved and mounted mid-case rather than on the floor and I think the compatibility thingy here at ppp is assuming a mid-level placement rather than placing the cage on the floor.

The GPU is 11.61" or 295 mm. From the pics above, it appears that if I place the hdd cage at the bottom, there should be sufficient room to install the card and the card will go above the hdd cage.

Am I missing something in how I am thinking about this?

TIA!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

it'll fit. you're right, you can move the HDD cage and pcpp is giving a warning just in case you have the cage directly lined up with the expansion slot area.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube