add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dedicated Streaming Computer

jguy2020
  • 55 months ago

I am going to start streaming some professional gaming tournaments. We will be playing Super Smash Bros on Wii and some of the games will be live streamed on various websites and recorded to upload to youtube later.

I am trying to build a computer but am getting mixed suggestions on specs. If someone could help, I would much appreciate it. All we will be doing with the computer is streaming, not gaming.

As far as price, I am looking for the computer, 2 headsets, a camera, and a monitor and I would like to stay as far under $1000 as possible. I do not want to cheap out on things that are necessary though, so if I have to spend more money on it to make it work, I will. The last thing I want is to get it built and find out that I need to upgrade things immediately because of the stream quality.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

sup im a smasher too, ill help you out.

is it smash 4 or brawl/pm? do you need a capture card too?

black magic shuttle usb 3.0 if you want component 60fps for optimal stream quality.

avermedia for 30fps component.

stay far away from elgato, there's huge delay there.

pretty much any hdmi capture card will work okay for wii u, except elgato.

there's not too many 60fps 1080 cap cards that are cheap, except this one www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9QTUVE (the elgato one is usb 2.0 and there's like a 5s delay LOL)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

So for streaming Melee and PM I have been working on coming up with something that might work based on combining a few things from different suggestions:

1) Cooler Master Elite 130 Computer Case 2) Intel Core i5-4460 3) ASRock H81M-HDS Motherboard 4) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2x4GB) 5) TOSHIBA P300 HDWD110XZSTA 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive 6) Rosewill Valens-500, Valens Series 500W Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified 7) CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 120mm Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler 8) AVerMedia C985 Live Gamer HD- Capture and Share Card

What do you think?

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

you can play smash on a PC online NOW using https://www.smashladder.com/ if you want. use a xbox 360 usb controller or a gamecube --> wii u usb adapter www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3LQ1FI and use it on PC

full setup guides on the smash ladder site

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks for your help. Its going to be Melee and PM. From what I have heard I will need a capture card.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

one thing that i didn't include was a sound mixer, maybe you can get by with a cheap usb sound card. i'll have to ask one of my buddies about it later and get back to you about dual mics on a stream setup, because i know he has a setup in a cheap non-sound mixer way.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xRNDYJ

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much for that list! ill look through it and do my best. do I need a video card if I am getting the internal capture card?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

more threads = better for OBS, so 8 core cpu at decent clock rate makes clear choice for AMD

with those kind of CPU's you don't get onboard video, so you need a seperate graphics card; you could get a cheaper one, if you wanted, but i don't recommend anything cheaper than a 750ti and no single fan 750 ti's (single fan ones are loud)

also: that convenient case handle for stream travel, as well as the tilt swivel pivot and height adjust monitor is sweet in a smash streaming environment because in almost any venue table or chair size you are able to easily see the monitor at the angle you need.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

alright he told me he just uses a basic audio splitter for both LOL

so two of these for both mic and headphones split ( http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10145 ) should work just fine

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube